[K12OSN] home directory permissions

Ernie Hudson ernie_hudson at snowlineschools.com
Thu Jul 10 13:54:01 UTC 2008

Does anyone have an easy way to change the permissions on the home directories so that only the owner has access to it. We have some very bright students and they have found out that they can copy work from someone else and have more free time. I am using the 5EL and have single sign on using likewise open from my windows server using active directory. I know I can change them one at a time using "chmod 700 filename". I am not adept at writing scripts and hoping someone can help.

[cid:image001.gif at 01C8E259.BC0A56A0]

Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee. The information may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. This transmission is sent for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction, or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail, send a copy to postmaster at snowlineschools.com and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC SS 2510-2521 and is legally privileged.