[K12OSN] FC9 based K12LTSP?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Jul 26 07:49:42 UTC 2008

Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> Carl Keil kirjoitti:
>
>> Does anyone know when Fedora is going to include K12LTSP?
>
> I have tested Asus Eee PC (and P4 PC) with all major ditros (Ubuntu,
> openSUSE, Fedora) as thin client. All works (sound and usb-stick
> out-of-box), but Fedora needs more manual work than others. And there is
> language issue with LDM/Desktop on Fedora 9.
>
> Here are my test results.
>
> Fedora 9:
> http://marc.info/?l=ltsp-discuss&m=121672602610470&w=2

I looked at this link.  What manual work exactly are you referring to?

Your post seems to cause more confusion...

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/
If you followed the directions then configuration really is simpler than
this.  Our default dhcpd.conf and ltps-dhcpd should Just Work unless you
have special needs for your network topology.  Your /etc/exports
shouldn't have any /var/lib/ltsp/swapfiles as we do NBD swap instead.
Finally tftp should be pre-configured, you only need to enable it as
would have happened if you followed our directions.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com