Re: [K12OSN] Samba/LDAP Installer docs down

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

John Lucas wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Re-opened this effort, yet again, now that Centos 5.2 is out and I bought a few new drives...

http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/  gives:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.vcsvikings.org is taking too long to respond.

======================

Can someone point me to a working site for the docs?

No, I don't have those docs, but I have some of my own that work for CentOS 5.1 and 5.0:

    http://fossvi.googlepages.com/centos-5.x-smbldap-fix
Thanks for this pointer. I want to point out some problems I have had so far....

First was this written for installer 4.0 (current) or 3.1? As 4.0 came out in April.

It was likely v3.1, it was current when I wrote it up. I'm not at home right now so I can't check.

For system dependencies you say:

pre-install all package dependencies (may use smbldap-prep.sh)

I cannot find any such script.  Not in installer 4.0 or even 3.1.

That script is not part of the installer, it is a one-liner I wrote and there is now a link to it in the text of the web page. Basically you prepend "yum install" to the list of dependencies.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas            MrJohnLucas gmail com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802  http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W          AST (UTC-4)                         |