Re: [K12OSN] Samba/LDAP Installer docs down

monteslu cox net wrote:
Not sure it fulfills all the requirements, but on Centos 5.x you can do a "yum install perl-LDAP"

Maybe the same thing as perl-Net-LDAP ?
In http://fossvi.googlepages.com/centos-5.x-smbldap-fix, both are listed as needed.

I already have perl-LDAP installed. I believe I still need perl-Net-LDAP. I have asked on the rpmforge list about it.
---- Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com> wrote:
Huck wrote:
use CPAN to get pretty much anything perl...

I've forgotten the syntax, but it was something like:

perl -CPAN -e 'perl-Net-LDAP'

something like that...it's been a while...
Been a long while for me with CPAN. I'd rather have an rpm if possible.
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
John Lucas wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
John Lucas wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Re-opened this effort, yet again, now that Centos 5.2 is out and I bought a few new drives...

http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ gives:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.vcsvikings.org is taking too long to respond.

======================

Can someone point me to a working site for the docs?

No, I don't have those docs, but I have some of my own that work for CentOS 5.1 and 5.0:

http://fossvi.googlepages.com/centos-5.x-smbldap-fix
Thanks for this pointer. I want to point out some problems I have had so far....

First was this written for installer 4.0 (current) or 3.1? As 4.0 came out in April.

It was likely v3.1, it was current when I wrote it up. I'm not at home right now so I can't check.

For system dependencies you say:

pre-install all package dependencies (may use smbldap-prep.sh)

I cannot find any such script. Not in installer 4.0 or even 3.1.

That script is not part of the installer, it is a one-liner I wrote and there is now a link to it in the text of the web page. Basically you prepend "yum install" to the list of dependencies.
Basically what I did from your list.

But where is perl-Net-LDAP?