Re: [K12OSN] Video Driver for Disklessworkstations.com 1220/1225

Nils,
On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Nils Breunese wrote:

Lewis Holcroft wrote:

I have checked and the unit boots and errors out on the video driver. It defaults to vesa, which is fine.

Why do you think vesa is fine? If it were, then why would you need to install a custom VIA driver?

It's fine because the screen with draw and the end user can use the system. I would like the correct driver so that screen redraws are optimized. My users are not picky (they were previously using IBM3151 terminals), but I would like their experience to be a good one.

I was going to add the driver. I have done it once with LTSP, but not K12LTSP. the process while vague does work. I was just hoping to save myself some time and check first.

If the unit erros out on the video driver, then I guess this custom driver really is needed. Maybe if could be incorporated into an K12LTSP update.

Nils Breunese.