[K12OSN] Client login problems

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Jul 14 12:25:32 UTC 2008

Hi Dhruba,

There are few things that can cause this problem. The first to check is
if the users drive space is filled up.
df -h
If that shows the drives are full, you will need to remove files or
migrate to a larger drive system. This is my first guess since root can
log in and root doesn't use the same home directory space as normal
users.

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 17:05 +0545, Dhruba Adhikari wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have been using LTSP 5 in Fedora Core 5 K12LTSP system. Everything
> was fine right from the system deployment, however after some around
> of one month a problem in all the clients has started to appear.
>
> Problem Description.
> The clients boot up properly without any single problem, however, when
> an user gets to log in, he/she is authenticated and returned back to
> the same login screen within 2 seconds. But, 'root' is able to login
> via the clients.
> Also, I tried to ssh via a remote terminal to the server. Any other
> user other than root was able to login via ssh.
>

> It has been a week of reporting this problem and the whole internet
> LAB is shut down. Anyone please reply as soon as possible.
>

> Thank you in advance
> Dhruba Adhikari,
> Nepal.
> --
> ---
> www.meronepalma.com
> ---
>
> (^ ^) Genius is one percent inspiration and
> || ninety-nine percent perspiration.
> ( ---- ) -- acpmasquerade ---
> --
> believed to be clean.