Re: [K12OSN] Reading TCP packets

How about putting a hub (not a switch) in between the remote device and the host in question. Then you can hook up another computer to that hub and use wireshark or something similar. The hub will cause all traffic to be broadcast to all ports on the hub so you'll be able to see it all with wireshark.

Or maybe just run wireshark on the host in question, and omit the hub.

-Rob

Sudev Barar wrote:
This may not be correct place but collective wisdom can perhaps point
me to a good resource.

I have a remote device that is generating data and is sending as a TCP
packet to designated IP:Port. If I open and set a non standard port I
am able to receive the packets using a listener. Problem is that the
host where I have to move this project allows listening only on port
80 (apache) or port 25/110 (mail) or port 22 (ssh)

How can I set up apache or iptables to log in incoming data packets
while at the same time allow apache to serve web pages?

My google time continues to turn up inconclusive leads.

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.