[K12OSN] k12ltsp el5 etherboot problem

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue Jun 3 23:24:38 UTC 2008

Hello List,

Found out what my problem was with the etherboot machines not finding
the dhcp server. When doing all my configuring on this server for dhcp
range, etc, I had commented out the 'next server' directive in the
dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf file. I didn't realize that with this commented out
it seems as dhcp = 0.0.0.0 to clients. Once I uncommented the 'next
server' line and restarted the dhcp server the etherboot client machines
booted fine. I don't know why the pxe boot machines booted up ok? I'll
put my dunce hat back on for a while longer!

Take Care,

Barry Cisna