[K12OSN] Re: LTSP 5

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 00:34:54 UTC 2008

2008/6/5 Andrae Findlator <andrae.findlator at gmail.com>:
> I am using fedora 9 with the LTSP 5 packages.
>
> A number of things are different in this outfit.
>
> Right now my issues are with Local printers and screen resolutions.
>

> How do I limit the client's screen resolution to 1024x768? Right now it
> seems to take the maximum resolution of the monitor.
>
> Also
>
> [00:E0:4C:AC:00:26]
>     PRINTER_0_DEVICE=/dev/usblp0
>
> The lts.conf options above should enable local printing on port 9100. Is
> there something else that needs to be done to enable local printing?

If you add the following to the "client" section above this client
will work at 1024x768

XSERVER=1024x768

For printer to work you need to define the printer under cups which
can be done using a browser and pointing it to http://localhost:631
and adding this printer as JetDirect printer.

BUT before you do that you need to fix the IP address of this client
machine by editing dhcpd configuration file.

Remember to restart services cups, dhcpd after changes (or reboot the server).
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar