Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] Re: Text-only sessions in K12

David Fourie (TSC) k12 at bizmail.co.za
Thu Jun 12 16:47:10 UTC 2008

OK, this has helped a lot - I had a long hard look at
/etc/X11/xinit/Xsession script - it does have that if () statement.

I then got the clue from this - and now feel like a linux newbie!
I had neglected to make $HOME/.xsession executable!!! OOPS.

I have now started to play with the options - this is my current .xsession
which starts a 'nice' gnome-terminal inside ratpoison, giving me (almost)
what I want - a single terminal session.

# $HOME/.xsession startup script
gnome-terminal &
exec /usr/local/bin/ratpoison

Thanks for all of the ideas and help thus far.

David F