[K12OSN] Networking configuration

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 00:54:57 UTC 2008

Jeremy Schubert wrote:
> Thanks John.  Yes, you're obviously correct, I should use LTSP for dhcp and
> dlink only for LAN.  I will do it this way because I want to use either
> Squid Guard Dans Guardian.
>
>> You can usually change the network configuration with a GUI too. I use
> I need to get VNC working first.  I followed the instructions at
> http://damaestro.us/howtos/secure-use-of-vnc-on-centos-and-fedora/?searchter
> m=binary and got to using netstat to see if VNC is running correctly.  The
> result I get now is shown below.  Might this have something to do with not
> having my network setup correctly yet?

It looks like you are using the "vnc-ltsp-config" package. It also
appears that you have enabled all the stanzas in /etc/xinitd.d/vncts and
re-started xinetd. Make sure you have both Xvnc and vncts "allowed" from
your clients in /etc/hosts.allow. You may also need to allow connections
in you login manager (GDM or KDM). Check you log files to find the error.

Personally I would use freenx instead of VNC. More secure, more
responsive and more versatile.

                         - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802      http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W              AST (UTC-4)                         |