[K12OSN] OT - Cell phones

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:03:06 UTC 2008

Accessys at smart.net wrote:
> maybe every desk needs a "cell phone" holster into which everyone puts
> their phone during class....maybe it hangs on the side of the desk.
>
> of course then you have a gazillion forgotten phones to deal with.

This goes along with a solution I came up with last fall:
http://ryancollins.org/u/11

"Require all cell phones to be on a lanyard at all times when on a
student. This removes the secrecy of the cell phone while making it a
lot easier for teachers to monitor inappropriate cell phone use. The
cell phone must always stay on the lanyard, even when in use."

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools

Summer Summit Workshop:
Workshop: Wed., June 25 (8:45am-4:00pm) Linux thin-clients for the win!
http://ryancollins.org/u/w