[K12OSN] Boot from CD

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Jun 16 16:32:35 UTC 2008

The other way to do it (and the way I've been doing it) is to boot a
Live CD distro (Knoppix, Damn Small Linux, etc.), and just "cat" the
EtherBoot image file to the hard disk device.  This will, like eb_to_hd,
wipe the HD's MBR and partition table info...but it works.

I do it as follows:

1.)  Copy the EtherBoot file to some floppy, the normal way (e. g. cp
<MyFileName> /mnt/fd0).
2.)  Boot your Live CD distro on the thin-client-to-be.
3.)  Pop that floppy into the thin client and mount it.
4.)  "cat /mnt/fd0/<MyFileName> /dev/hda"

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!