[K12OSN] New K12LTSP installation

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:56:41 UTC 2008

2008/6/19 James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>:
>> > Too much work to load balance with only 2 servers. Split the client list
>> > with the network wiring and divide and conquer!
>>
>> Not really, running two servers with dhcpd load balancing and failover
>> was relatively easy. There was link some where. If you want to try
>> this I will dig it up.
>
> DHCP is not the real load that needs balancing. It's the application
> serving. While the DHCP load balancing can be used to split the boot up
> and ultimately the server each client run from can be set this way, the
> application load balancing is the issue I'm most interested in and
> currently working on.

OP only mentions load balancing between two k12 servers so my suggestion.

I have snipped out most of what you said but yes that would be
ultimate. I did try running open-mosix cluster along with a k12 but
that was three years back and the process apperantly died when
migrating from node to node. Have not had the chance to put together a
bench thereafter to see if that or some other cluster server project
is able to work.

Will look out for some positive news on this front.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others.