[K12OSN] New Server Capacity Thoughts.

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:16:56 UTC 2008

we use similar specs for long time (2 years) for about 48 machines that are
not active all the time. and it was enough :-)
Core Duo 1.8GHz + 2 GB RAM + 160 GB HD + 1 Gig NIC + 100/10 Mb NIC

recently we moved (upgraded the cpu and ram) to quad 1.8GHz with 4 GB RAM to
support 70 terminals.
they all run flash 9 on FF 2 + Openoffice + games + some other
applications...
smoothly :-)

i will put up some of the sar files we gather for the last year or so from
several servers we have
so you can all explore them :-) (soon)

:-)