Re: [K12OSN] Re: Text-only sessions in K12

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:40:38 +0200 (SAST)
"David Fourie (TSC)" <k12 bizmail co za> wrote:

> Hmmm - also a good option, but I cannot find a .xsession file!
> DF

That would be $HOME/.xsession  It is a personal setting file that your
user(s) may or maynot have.  If they do not already have one, and need
one, then create it.
  $ touch /home/user/.xsession

then edit to your desire.  ONLY do this for those that need something
special (in this case, need a commandline only UI).  This way ONLY those
users that desire a special environment can get one.  All other users
will use the system wide xsession file(s).

> The ratpoison window manager is not part of the 4.2 ltsp distribution

Was not aware that it really mattered if a WM was part of LTSP or not.
LTSP is basically just another application running on the server (or
better yet, a combinations of services).  LTSP just puts it all together
for you instead of forcing someone to do it all from scratch.  As long
as (1) the WM is on the server and (2) it is in the users .xsession file
was all the I thought was needed.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org

 Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem
 your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad
 company.        - George Washington, Rules of Civility