Re: [K12OSN] Centos 5 repositories

mumbler9 wrote:

I enabled Dag Wieers repo, because there was an app I really want. It uses an obscure build process, that I could not get woring. I found an RPM in Dag's repo, it installed and worked very nicely.

An update later, I noticed it was disabled, so I enabled it and found four or five updates that were not in the K12LTSP repos. Is this a bad idea? I don't want to run into problems down the road on differing versions of something system-wide.

It should work fine. K12LTSP 5EL even ships with a yum config file for the rpmforge (Dag Wieers) repository. You only need to set enabled=1 in /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp-rpmforge.repo.

Nils Breunese.