Re: [K12OSN] PDF file creation

PDFCreator asks if you want to do a "server installation" or something like that. I've never tried that option, but you might want to look into it.

There's a program called cupspdf available. It might not be necessary anymore with PDF generation becoming built-in to some of the distros, but the documentation might give you some ideas about how to best implement a networked PDF printer.

-Rob

Brian Chivers wrote:
I'm looking for a nice simple way for users to create pdf's from any type of file via nice simple web interface.

What I'd ideally like them to be able to do is upload the file and then either to be sent the resulting pdf to an email address or emailed a link where to download it from.

I did look at pdfcreator which looks OK but I'd have to install the virtual print driver on every machine which is doable but a web front end would make it so much easier :-)

Any idea's / pointers ??

Thanks
Brian