[K12OSN] PDF file creation

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Mon Jun 16 16:03:15 UTC 2008

PDFCreator asks if you want to do a "server installation" or something
like that.  I've never tried that option, but you might want to look
into it.

There's a program called cupspdf available.  It might not be necessary
anymore with PDF generation becoming built-in to some of the distros,
but the documentation might give you some ideas about how to best
implement a networked PDF printer.

-Rob

Brian Chivers wrote:
> I'm looking for a nice simple way for users to create pdf's from any
> type of file via nice simple web interface.
>
> What I'd ideally like them to be able to do is upload the file and then
> either to be sent the resulting pdf to an email address or emailed a
> link where to download it from.
>
> I did look at pdfcreator which looks OK but I'd have to install the
> virtual print driver on every machine which is doable but a web front
> end would make it so much easier :-)
>
> Any idea's / pointers ??
>
> Thanks
> Brian