Re: Rép. : [K12OSN] PDF file creation

Good old zamzar :-) We use it all the time for docx to doc file conversions !!!

The boss is a little worried that if we become to dependent on it and they start charging we'll be "stuffed"

I'll have to have a look at the cups pdf file creation as we already use cups on lots of our boxes and also pdfcreator server install to see what'll best fit in.

Thanks
Brian

Huck wrote:
http://www.zamzar.com/

neat site that does that and more

Guy-Michel Lessard wrote:
Isn't this what Terminals are all about, install the software once on the server (pdfcreator) so that all can share?

>>> Brian Chivers <brian portsmouth-college ac uk> 2008-06-16 10:15:41 >>> I'm looking for a nice simple way for users to create pdf's from any type of file via nice simple
web interface.

What I'd ideally like them to be able to do is upload the file and then either to be sent the resulting pdf to an email address or emailed a link where to download it from.

I did look at pdfcreator which looks OK but I'd have to install the virtual print driver on every machine which is doable but a web front end would make it so much easier :-)

Any idea's / pointers ??

Thanks
Brian