[K12OSN] Networking configuration

Jeremy Schubert jschubert at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 17 00:26:30 UTC 2008

Thanks John.  Yes, you're obviously correct, I should use LTSP for dhcp and
dlink only for LAN.  I will do it this way because I want to use either
Squid Guard Dans Guardian.

> You can usually change the network configuration with a GUI too. I use
I need to get VNC working first.  I followed the instructions at
http://damaestro.us/howtos/secure-use-of-vnc-on-centos-and-fedora/?searchter
m=binary and got to using netstat to see if VNC is running correctly.  The
result I get now is shown below.  Might this have something to do with not
having my network setup correctly yet?

You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at server ~]# netstat -an|grep 590
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5900                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5901                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5902                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5903                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5904                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5905                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5906                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     13590  /tmp/.ICE-uni