Re: [K12OSN] Networking configuration

Jeremy Schubert wrote:
Thanks John.  Yes, you're obviously correct, I should use LTSP for dhcp and
dlink only for LAN.  I will do it this way because I want to use either
Squid Guard Dans Guardian.

You can usually change the network configuration with a GUI too. I use
I need to get VNC working first.  I followed the instructions at
http://damaestro.us/howtos/secure-use-of-vnc-on-centos-and-fedora/?searchter
m=binary and got to using netstat to see if VNC is running correctly.  The
result I get now is shown below.  Might this have something to do with not
having my network setup correctly yet?

It looks like you are using the "vnc-ltsp-config" package. It also appears that you have enabled all the stanzas in /etc/xinitd.d/vncts and re-started xinetd. Make sure you have both Xvnc and vncts "allowed" from your clients in /etc/hosts.allow. You may also need to allow connections in you login manager (GDM or KDM). Check you log files to find the error.

Personally I would use freenx instead of VNC. More secure, more responsive and more versatile.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                MrJohnLucas gmail com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802      http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W              AST (UTC-4)                         |