[K12OSN] Why don't more schools use FOSS

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jun 17 04:07:43 UTC 2008

> Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> > I ran into this interesting article:
> >
> > "Inertia, fear of the unknown and agreements with vendors have lead to
> > slow adoption of open source and free software in UK schools."
> >
> > http://www.itpro.co.uk/603639
>
> And there's no one to buy you a free lunch while showing you nice glossy
>   photos of it and giving the sales pitch.

BINGO!!! Les wins a cookie!

If anyone is thinking otherwise, come to NECC in 2 weeks and visit the
sales floor, er, I mean prostitution alley, NO! Another Freudian slip!,
I meant to say vendor booth area and look at Promethian and the other
really large, gaudy vendors. fl_TeacherTool beats Promethium boards
hands down!

> --
>    Les Mikesell
>      lesmikesell at gmail.com