[K12OSN] Anyone done an upgrade rather than a wipe recently?

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 16:24:16 UTC 2008

Well, it's the end of our school year here and I've been driving 120 thin
clients using 3 servers that range from K12LTSP Fedora 4,  5 and 6 (or
3,4,5..) based versions.  One of each!  All have worked PERFECTLY since each
install years ago-  thanks to everyone here and Eric!

I have had my student Computer Club running the K12LTSP 5 Centos and my home
system as well since last fall without any issues and think that I may as
well bite the bullet and get the 3 main installs done now...

I have a choice of reformatting and wiping everything or doing an upgrade
knowing that tons of garbage will be left.   How much I don't know...?  An
upgrade won't wipe my users and homes and this is big for me, too.

What would you do?