[K12OSN] Anyone done an upgrade rather than a wipe recently?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jun 19 01:24:00 UTC 2008

I don't recommend _upgrading_ from FC6 K12ltsp to anything but
K12LTSP-EL v5. The EL version uses the same ltsp version and many of the
F6 applications are the same (version). The difference between F6 and F9
with LTSP is almost night and day. Keep the user data (/home with ssh
keys and mail stuff and dump the rest) and do a fresh install.

Keep in mind that Fedora (and redhat derived products) are far more
invested in Gnome than KDE. Also remember that Fedora is a fast moving
test playground and while things work, they don't always work smoothly.

The F9 is excellent for my uses but I don't use KDE.