Re: [K12OSN] New K12LTSP installation

jeff williams wrote:
 > 5.  I'm going to be purchasing new small form factor diskless workstations for
the lab. Are there any noted problems with either the Devon IT 6020 series or the eBox-2300 and K12LTSP 6.0.0? (It looks like the Diskless Workstations LTSP Term 1000 is a rebranded eBox-2300. Is this correct?)

As Rob said, the eBox-2300 is a bit underpowered for the edutainment software; it's okay for the office apps, but if you're going to be supporting kids, I think they'll find it frustrating. Instead, you might look for the eBox-4300 which has, if memory serves, a 500Mhz processor, compared to the 2300's 200Mhz processor. It comes in the same size case, perfect for mounting on the back of an LCD monitor, but it also costs twice as much, ~$230 compared to the 2300's ~$110. I think the Devon 6020 series start under $200.

Peter