Re: [K12OSN] Script to flush down the drain files from every user home...

!#/bin/bash
for x in `ls /home`; do
echo "Doing $x ..."
cd /home/${x}/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache
rm -Rf *
done

that was one from a while back...

change the path in the 'cd' line from .mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache to whatever you want..

--Huck

Jim Christiansen wrote:
Hi guys, Thanks the thoughts. On the upgrade/wipe-install question. Today I backed up the group, shadow, password bla bla bla bla bla files, unplugged the back-up rsync drive and did a full wipe then new k12el5 install. Put back the vital parts of the necessary conf files, altered the network settings in the template ltsp dir for my different network subnet, did the k12 initialize, plugged in the second drive, mounted it then rsynced back to the users homes and perms of the users...

Everything is good to go for the fall start of school! Now for the other two boxes!

OK so. what I need to do is to drop into EVERY users' home and remove a set of files...

I've search high and low, through the lists going back 3 years or so and can't find reference to any script that did this. I think there was one that several contributed to that we used to trash the dot mozilla, .g* files, and I used it also for getting rid of the dot cxoffice folders. I'm not great at shell scripts.

Anyone have one?  Thanks,   Jim  :-)