Re: [K12OSN] one year performance graphs and statistics for two server setups we use

Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
we have 16 ltsp servers deployed in our district (Israel, Petach Tikwa).
for smaller computer lab with maximum 24 terminals we use Core2Duo+2GB RAM setup
and for 48/72 terminals (in a school) we use Quad+4GB RAM setup.

i picked up two schools and extracted some graphs (generated by Cacti)
from the last year,
showing both server's setups.
i also have sar statistics that are more fine if anyone cares to go through.
(it 10MB gz data each) and (i use ksar to view it. great tool btw)

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfs4fjnj_190f58h9xfs

what i always like to know about the servers is how much the cpu waits for IO
or the NICs for buffers to fill ? and if the proxy needs more memory
and does it get
the web content fast enough... ? is samba's file sharing is optimized ?

if any of you have any ideas how to monitor those bottle-necks please
enlighten me :-)
i love to get more quality stats next year.

It might be overkill for this, but OpenNMS (http://www.opennms.org) will monitor the things that snmp reports - and your router and switches as well if they support snmp. They have a yum repository that makes it fairly easy to install now.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com