[K12OSN] squidGuard install - no db.h file found

I've been trying to configure squidGuard using the following commnad:
./configure  --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6
I keep getting the error:
No db.h found
The Berkley DB library is required for squidGuard to compile. Get it from
http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db.html use --with-db=DIR or --with-db-inc=DIR to specify its location. (default is /usr/local/BerkeleyDB)
I've Googled the no db.h message, but all the sites I go to seem to be giving me some script to run?  I don't have a clue of where to go from here.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeremy