Re: [K12OSN] squidGuard install - no db.h file found

Jeremy Schubert wrote:

I've been trying to configure squidGuard using the following commnad:
./configure  --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6
I keep getting the error:
No db.h found
The Berkley DB library is required for squidGuard to compile. Get it from http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db.html use --with-db=DIR or --with-db-inc=DIR to specify its location. (default is /usr/local/ BerkeleyDB) I've Googled the no db.h message, but all the sites I go to seem to be giving me some script to run? I don't have a clue of where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Is there any reason you can't just 'yum install squidguard'? If you really want to compile it yourself then 'yum install db4-devel' and use /usr/include/db4 as the directory for --with-db-inc.

Nils Breunese.