[K12OSN] sambaSamAccount

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Mon Mar 3 17:30:22 UTC 2008

> Have you tried joining a Windows box via windows rather then the CLI and seeing what that does ??

I have...I get "the user name could to be found."   The result is the
same.  The couputer gets added in lap but without the samba
attributes.

>  Have you set all of the values in smbldap_conf ?
>
>  Have you set values in LDAP for 'sambaDomainName' and 'Idmap' ?

Yep.   slapcat | grep 'sambaDomainName' and 'Idmap' respectively
return the values.

I've read that as of samba 3.0.2a(?) that samba itself puts these
values into ldap  Maybe that's where it's breaking down?

Thanks,