[K12OSN] How to change own user password

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 06:52:26 UTC 2008

Does this work for non-root users? When I tried something similar in the
pass only root could change passwords. It seemed that users could change
their own passwds, but they never actually changed. Maybe it was the way
smbldap was set up. It thought that a way around this would be to make a
script that runs sudo that calls the smbldap passwd script. all users would
need sudo rights to run just the script.