[K12OSN] CentOS 5 + LTSP 4.2 USB problem

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Thu Mar 13 07:56:53 UTC 2008

Meelis Mihhailov wrote:

> I hope you can help me with this problem. I just installed CentOS 5
> and installed LTSP 4.2 to it.

Why didn't you just install K12LTSP 5EL? That's CentOS 5 + LTSP 4.2 +
everything ready to go.

> Everything seems to work like a charm. I can boot the client and can
> log in however I found that my USB stick does not work. It blinks
> the led for a few seconds and thats it. No icon or link to USB drive.
>
> This is the content of lts.conf file
> [snip]
>
> Clients get this kernel : 2.6.20.9-ltsp-1
>
> Is there someting that I have missed? I did a search in google to
> find a solution for it but several of them (that I could find) were
> limited to lts.conf that I have allready defined.
>
> I would be grateful if someone could help me to solve this issue :)

There is something in LTSP called Local Device Access. It just worked
out of the box on our K12LTSP setup. If you want to install this
yourself there are instructions on the LTSP wiki: http://www.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev

Nils Breunese.