[K12OSN] Small, Current Linux build

Joshua Hicks jhicks at tcstitans.org
Thu Mar 13 16:25:42 UTC 2008

I have about 25 IBM Thinkpad 600E Pentium II's that are currently running
Windows 2000.  These have served as the primary computer for teachers at my
school and as a laptop cart for students.  They are just unable to keep up
with most applications coming out today.  I would like to switch them all
over to a small Linux distro that will be able to perform web browsing and
word processing with their limited processor speed.  Support for wireless
networking with WEP encryption is also needed.  Does anyone have a
suggestion about a good option?  I have tried a couple of versions of DSL,
but I need something with a little more GUI capabilities.

Thanks