[K12OSN] Small, Current Linux build

Travis Smith tsmith at geneseeschools.org
Thu Mar 13 16:25:40 UTC 2008

I was playing with PC-linux the other day and was really impressed.
Everything worked out-of-box.
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=pclinuxos

>>> "Joshua Hicks" <jhicks at tcstitans.org> 03-13-08 12:25 PM >>>
I have about 25 IBM Thinkpad 600E Pentium II's that are currently
running Windows 2000.  These have served as the primary computer for
teachers at my school and as a laptop cart for students.  They are just
unable to keep up with most applications coming out today.  I would like
to switch them all over to a small Linux distro that will be able to
perform web browsing and word processing with their limited processor
speed.  Support for wireless networking with WEP encryption is also
needed.  Does anyone have a suggestion about a good option?  I have
tried a couple of versions of DSL, but I need something with a little
more GUI capabilities.

Thanks

Scanned by GenNET AV in

Scanned by GenNET AV out