[K12OSN] Question for a serious problem I have.

Meelis meelis at nlib.ee
Sat Mar 1 07:51:14 UTC 2008

Hi Joseph!

One way is to find that special command from the /var/log/messages file.
For example in my server log there is this entry when a user loggs in :

************
Feb 25 17:24:45 terminalserver2 gconfd (8t7-27269): käivitamine (versioon
2.14.0), pid 27269 kasutaja '8t7'
************

and when the user loggs out :

************
Feb 25 17:28:45 terminalserver2 gconfd (8t7-27269): Väljumine
************

My server uses our native language but in english it should be
"Start","version","user" and "Exit" ? 8t7 is the name of my terminal. 8th
floor terminal 7.
For future advice I recommend you to use PostSession and PreSession scripts
that log the info as you use FC6 with LTSP 4.2?

PreSession - user logged in
PostSession - user logged out

I use these files to generate statistics for the server usage. Saves info in
the mysql DB etc.
This does not work in LTSP 5 :(  ast that version has a LDM thingy that does
not use GDM files while building the session.

Meelis
---
meelis at nlib.ee