[K12OSN] firewall question

Vi Thai vthai61 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:35:24 UTC 2008

There is no firewall for the entire school.  This K12LTSP server
contacts the Openserver for students and staff to log in.  The
Openserver has a firewall with only eth0 (private) being trusted so do
the K12LTSP servers even need to have their firewalls turned on?  The
reason why I ask is because all the thin clients can log on fine now.
The firewall settings for the K12LTSP servers are set to trust
nothing, not even NFS or Samaba, and they are still able to log on.
However now I am not able to get wireless to work on any of these
servers now.  Before when the firewall was turned off I was able to
get wireless to work behind "server c" but now that I've turned on the
firewall on all k12ltsp spervers, wireless no longer works if I plug a
wireless router into a switch on "server c."  I don't want to expose
the entire system just get a handful of students wireless access.
Thanks for everyones input.  I really appreciate it.

Vi