[K12OSN] Fl_Teachertool Distribute File Problem

Nick Fenger nick at trilliumcharterschool.org
Tue Mar 4 15:16:03 UTC 2008

Robert,

Per your questions:

I do have visudo per the docs and all of the other teachertool features work
for non-roots.

As far as accessing homes is concerned, it is not only a teachertool
problem. When I log directly into the k12ltsp server (i.e. start a Gnome
session) and open File Browser I can see all of the mounted home directory
names but I cannot list or access the files. It is as if root on my local
box is not really acting as root?

Does the teachertool distribute feature need root access to homes even if
you are running is as a non-root user? (see below for clarification of my
problem).

Thanks,

-Nick