[K12OSN] Question for a serious problem I have.

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:19:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. In regards to this:

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 12:46 PM, James P. Kinney III
<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> That is a fault with the current scheme of LTSP. If a student/user gets
>  client abruptly, then there is no logout event that occurs and thus
>  "gone - no logout" messages.

In this case the students are not killing the X-session using
ctrl-alt-bkspace to generate the message. I tried it out myself by
having them log in and out in correctly and then checking the 'last'
output and it was still registering their logout as 'gone - no logout'

Are there any other reasons that it would be doing this?

Thank you
Joseph