[K12OSN] CentOS 5 + LTSP 4.2 USB problem

Meelis Mihhailov meelis at nlib.ee
Thu Mar 13 06:31:31 UTC 2008

Hi all!

I hope you can help me with this problem. I just installed CentOS 5 and installed LTSP 4.2 to it. Everything seems to work like a charm. I can boot the client and can log in however I found that my USB stick does not work. It blinks the led for a few seconds and thats it. No icon or link to USB drive.

This is the content of lts.conf file
---
X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
X_USBMOUSE_BUTTONS   = 3
USBEMULATE_3_BUTTONS = "off"
XkbSymbols         = "us(pc101)"
XkbModel           = "pc101"
XkbLayout          = "us"
USE_XFS            = N
LOCAL_APPS         = N
SCREEN_01          = startx
LOCAL_STORAGE = Y
HOTBLUG  = Y
LTSPFSD_OPTIONS=""
SOUND              = N
SOUND_DAEMON       = "esd"
VOLUME             = 75
X_MODE_0 = 1280x1024
X_HORZSYNC = "60-80"
X_VERTREFRESH = "60"
---------

Clients get this kernel : 2.6.20.9-ltsp-1

Is there someting that I have missed? I did a search in google to find a solution for it but several of them (that I could find) were limited to lts.conf that I have allready defined.

I would be grateful if someone could help me to solve this issue :)

Meelis
---
meelis at nlib.ee