[K12OSN] firefox --no-restore ?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:49:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly.  When you
>  >  click on either "Restore Session" or "Start New Session" you are not
>  >  creating a new profile.
>
>  I know.  Launching firefox witht he -p switch will create a new
>  profile.  I just wanted to be specific and say that I didn't want
>  this.
>

>  >  browser.sessionstore.enabled setting to false.  Of course, this removes
>  >  the feature altogether, including if the browser crashes rather than
>  >  being closed by the teacher.
>
>  Yep, I'm aware of this too.    I don't really want to do that
>  either....just want to disable it once.

Suggestions welcome. fl_tt just simply calls kill. So any tab info
will not be saved and thus the error message upon next launch. Opera
has the same behavior.  How about this idea, set the
browser.sessionstore.enabled  to false before killing firefox then
kill it, then set it back to true. If that will work can you tell me
which file is this setting in so I can code it into fl_tt.

Hmm wait a minute, I don't think this will work. If it's true when it
starts I think it will still complain.  I think any changes to the
config are only loaded at launch. So any config changes require a
restart. Any suggestions? Maybe we live with the error message. Unless
admins disable sessionstore globally. That's what I did with Opera.
The reason I did this was kids would have like 10 tabs open when they
quit, then complain it was so slow to startup when the whole class
launches their browsers the next class.