[K12OSN] configure instructions

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Thu May 1 10:21:23 UTC 2008

Marc Fromm wrote:

> I tried to configure the required files that will allow a box to find
> and boot from the LTSP server. In our building DHCP is already running
> thus the current LTSP server is configured with specific system
> entries
> associated by MAC addresses.
>
> Below are all the config files that I could locate that assosciate
> with
> booting a terminal. These are the configurations that are beyond the
> install that require specific information. I think the big
> difference is
> our LTSP server will only boot systems that it is told to boot,
> based on
> all the config file settings.
>

> [snip]

If your LTSP server has 2 NIC it would be so much easier to just
attach your clients to 1 of them and let the LTSP server do DHCP for
your clients. You can use the other NIC to connect the LTSP server to
the rest of your network (to provide internet access for the clients
for instance) and you should be good to go.

Nils Breunese.