[K12OSN] Userful Linux/discoverstation

robert pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:39:41 UTC 2008

I used Groovix.com last year. They have FLOSS scripts that worked very well.
We did have a problem with static discharges changing the identity of the
mice/keyboards but that can be fixed with udev rules. Look for multiseat X
in Google.

I do not know how you could stick in 20 on one server that way. We used 1
AGP and 5 PCI video cards to get six per server. Heating is an issue with so
many cards side by side. I think thin client is a better tool in most cases
if you can use the $100 client on the back of a monitor. You may still need
thick clients for full screen video etc.