[K12OSN] Excessive collisions cripple network -- Suggestions for solutions?

Tom Wolfe twolfe at sawback.com
Tue May 6 20:53:56 UTC 2008

Thanks for the tips, insights and suggestions everyone.

I'm going to try to as many of these issues as possible, starting with
cleaning up the wiring. You're right Chuck, I'm certain that most of this
has to do with the rats nests of Cat 5 cables behind the rows of computers
leading to the cheap switches.

What is an "IT-owned" switch btw? Do you mean a switch that wasn't bought
& installed by a teacher, i.e. one that I'm aware of?

Regards,
Tom Wolfe