[K12OSN] Open Office Impress Handouts

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Thu May 8 18:12:54 UTC 2008

2008/5/8 Kemp, Levi <lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us>:
> The students are doing a unit involving presentations and wanted to print handouts instead of all the slides. Seemed simple enough except that all it prints is a blank page or two, no matter what user or printer. Any ideas or thoughts as to where I might find a solution to this? I can print normal just fine, it's just the handouts pages. Should I try a different version of OOo or StarOffice? Thanks.

This may sounds silly, but have you tried exporting to pdf or some
other encapsulated format?  I know we've had instances where
presentation software behaved oddly, and we were able to get the
handouts printed by "squashing" to pdf, then reprinting.  It's a
foolish added step, but on occasion it has gotten the job done.

HTH,
-dhbarr.