[K12OSN] edit client logon window

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Wed May 14 23:09:10 UTC 2008

Marc Fromm wrote:

> In a previous setup of K12ltsp (k12ltsp FC6) I could edit the logon
> window welcome message with this file /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and
> changing
> the entry RemoteWelcome=. My new setup (k12ltsp CentOS) does not
> seem to
> use the gdm.conf. I grepped the server for the line "Welcome to" but
> it
> found no file to edit to change the client login screen.
>
> What file can I edit to alter the client login window?

I used gdmsetup (also available via the Gnome menu, but I forget the
exact menu and menu item, probably under System -> Administration
somewhere) to change the logon screen to the CentOS 5 default logon
window. I think you can also change that text using gdmsetup. The
remote logon window is what is shown to the clients.

Nils Breunese.