[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0EL: After Update NIC eth0 (Attansic L2 on board) don't work

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat May 17 02:21:01 UTC 2008

Leo,

This error usually indicates that the new kernel can not probe the mac
address correctly. Do: System>Administration>Network. In the network gui
select the nic that is not working,select edit, then click on hardware
tab. See if the Mac address is listed. If not click on "probe". I'm sure
if the mac address is blank/grayed out, the probe will not detect
anything.
If this is the case, look on the mobo( magnifying glass time),and write
down the mac address for both onboard nics. Enter the mac address into
the nic's hardware setting,and I 'm betting your nic will now start
correctly.
Let us know your progress.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna