[K12OSN] ltsp, subnets, dhcpd.conf

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue May 20 18:59:28 UTC 2008

Will,

You can setup your Ubuntu server exactly as Huck suggested. You CAN run
both your existing Winders dhcp server as it is, providing your change the
running port ( to 1067) for dhcp on your Ubuntu / K12LTSP server as
documented in the following article:

   http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/DHCP#Use_different_port_numbers_for_t

Of course this is ONLY going to dish out dhcp for your K12ltsp thin
clients. I am not sure this is going to be feasible for your situation?

I have one server setup this way at one of our schools. You also have to
change the port number on each clients boot floppy( or whatever method
they are booting) as well. It works very well once you see all the correct
configs. It DOES end up being extra legwork on your part for sure. The
Winders boxes will never be aware that there is an Linux server dishing
out dhcp with thes setup.
Let us know your progress.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna