[K12OSN] M2NPV motherboard and PXE

Conrad Lawes pxeboot at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:46:17 UTC 2008

The reason why it's failing is quiet simple:  the linux kernel that you are
PXE booting does not contain the driver for the NIC that you are using. I
doubt that going with Etherboot will provide any better result.

How do you correct this? You have 2 options:

   1. Find or built a kernel and initrd image that contains the driver for
   the NIC in question.
   2. Use a different NIC that is supported.

2008/5/22 JOSEPH O'BRIEN <jobrien at meridian.wednet.edu>:

> Joe, an alternative would be to use Etherboot with a PCI NIC and floppy
>> disk.
>

> That is an option, but not an acceptable one for me.  If I this motherboard
> is not compatible then I will look for a different board, but I'd still like
> to know why it's failing.
>
> --thx
> --joe

Regards,