[K12OSN] Fedora 9 LTSP install guide, walkthrough, manual...

Paul Nelson pnelson.k12 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 16:01:23 UTC 2008

2008/5/16 Dagfinn Stangeland <jodgipost at gmail.com>:
> I'm struggling with setting up a Fedora LTSP server.
> Does anyone know of a final F9 resource for installation and setup of LTSP?
> What i find floating around seems to written a while ago and seems to be
> meant for beta and testing versions of Fedora and LTSP.

snip.....

I've started a FC9-LTSP5 walkthrough at:
http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/FC9-LTSP5_walk-through

To my amazement, and with just a little bumbling through the
documentation on the https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/ site, I was up
and booting my test client in no time at all. Way to go Warren! ;-)

There are many changes in LTSP 5 and this means more decisions for how
to set things up. I hope others will chip in on the K12LTSP wiki and
help with this. Much of how this works is still black magic to me.

One thing I really liked about the older versions of K12LTSP was that
they supported other workstations on the same network as the
thin-clients. This means that DNS and NAT worked and you could mix and
match workstations and thin-clients. I would think this was useful to
many and I'd like to see similar functionality in the latest FC9-LTSP5
setup.

;-) Paul Nelson