Re: [K12OSN] Finally need to logon and access homes from windows

If you are not going to have the XP machine join a domain then you can drop a script into the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder on the XP box. It will pop up their files when they login and remind them to completely log out when they are done.

Copy to a text below and save as Logon.vbs

If MsgBox("Do You Need Access to Your Personal Files During This Session?",4,"Access Your Files?") = 6 Then
   Call Main()
End If

Sub Main()
 Msgbox "Be sure to completely logout of Windows when you are done or others will be able to access your files. " & vbCrLf & "Press OK to enter your username and password to access your files."
 Call Run("%windir%\Explorer.exe \\TRILLIUMORG-PDC\")
 Msgbox "If received an error saying your files were not accessable, logout of windows and login again"
End Sub

Sub Run(ByVal sFile)
Dim shell
    Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    'shell.Run Chr(34) & sFile & Chr(34), 1, false
    shell.Run sFile, 1, false
    Set shell = Nothing
End Sub

I think you could map a network drive that may do the same thing but I'm not sure.